In addition to the student exhanges available through the Pan Asia Institute, you may wish to consider many of the other programs available to enhance your understanding of and experience with Asia.
Additional Learning Opportunities
Through the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific's In-Country Programs, students have the opportunity to live, study, and work in intensive study abroad programs in:
- East Timor
- Thai-Burma border
(Note: program availability is subject to conditions on the ground within individual countries.)
Lasting four to six weeks from July - August and January - February, ANU's In-Country programs are open to undergraduate and graduate students alike. For further information regarding available opportunities, contact the Pan Asia Institute at email@example.com.
The Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) is a consortium of the Big Ten Universities plus the University of Chicago. Through the provision of shared, online courses, the CIC CourseShare program provides students at participating schools with the opportunity to enroll in classes not normally offered by their home institution. Students pay tuition to their home institution and thus do not incur additional expenses to enroll in a CIC course. Many Asian language courses are available via CourseShare.
ANU and IU students interested in exploring the possibility of enrolling in CourseShare courses should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Freeman Indonesia Internship Program provides an opportunity for American and Indonesian undergraduate students to intern together at an Indonesian non-profit organization from June through August each year. Administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE), all program related costs are covered by IIE and a stipend to cover basic living expenses is provided.
Interested students should contact email@example.com for additional information. Applications are due in February.
Funding and Grant Opportunities
- Faculty Awards and Competitions Available through the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty and Academic Affairs
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships (FLAS)
- IU Graduate and Professional Student Government Travel Awards
- Office of Overseas Study
- IU’s Office of the Vice President for International Affairs: For Students | For Faculty
- AAS Grant Programs
- Asian Studies-related Grants
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
- Boren Scholarships
- Ford Foundation Fellowships
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Henry Luce Foundation
- Institute of International Education
- International Dissertation Research Fellowship (IDRF) by provided by SSRC
- International Fellowship
- The Starr Foundation
- Smith Richardson Foundation